FOODS & ORGANICS TRADING
Foods & Organics Trading ( F&OT ) duly registered in The Gambia was founded by Zahra Sallah who is also the CEO. She has a strong reputation within the West African region as having initiated charitable and business endeavors with international partners. The birth of F&OT is the formalizing of the founder’s diverse business aims and social-economic intentions to enhance the livelihoods of the African farmer.
With important partnerships and the synergizing of viable resources, F&OT creates international trade opportunities for African farmers. F&OT is also focused on the marketing and supply of fonio, Africa’s oldest grain that now has a growing demand both locally and internationally. It is rich in amino acids and said to be the most nutritious of Earth’s grains. Its low sugar content also makes it ideal for people with diabetes. It is also drought-resistant, making it an ideal crop for developing nations in West Africa struggling to cope with climate change.
Demand for organic and fairtrade products is increasing on the international markets and this offers opportunities for the smaller farmers in developing countries. F&OT is well placed to facilitate these possibilities for African women and farmers through its structure and networks.
Foods & Organics Trading Services:
- Establish reputable Trade & Business links between West African farming cooperatives and International / Multinational Companies involved in Agriculture and Commodities
- Due Diligence & Trading Services: ensuring export standards, quantities, procedures, logistics, and paperwork are in order, funding is going through the right channels and beneficiaries through special trade accounts
- Provide Advisory services to International Companies to facilitate and expedite on structuring and business objectives in the Gambia
- Trading of Food Products & Commodities
- Provide support to farming cooperatives / communities to boost crop yields and also improve standards of living